1.1 Privacy and Personal Information:
- 1.1 Affordable Art SA endeavours to comply with all laws and regulations including the 1996 South African Constitution, Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA) and other legislation providing for privacy. As such, Affordable Art SA seeks to ensure the quality and accuracy of personal information in its possession and processed with South African law.
- 1.2 Affordable Art SA shall not be obliged to ascertain or provide the identity of the sender of any messages or content.
2 Personal Information Collected: Please be assured that the privacy of our Users is of the utmost importance to Affordable Art SA. The Affordable Art SA Website collects, processes and stores personal information of its Users subject to the following principles:
- 2.1 Relevant and minimal personal information of Users is collected for the purpose of managing User’s communications with Affordable Art SA. Users warrant that all personal information supplied by them with regard to an electronic transaction is both true and correct. In the event of any aspect of their personal information changing post submission, it is their responsibility to immediately notify Affordable Art SA of the said changes. Notification must occur via an email sent to email@example.com. The Users agree to indemnify and hold Affordable Art SA, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and members harmless from and against any claims, damages, actions and liabilities including without limitation, loss of profits, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of Affordable Art SA’s reliance on the User’s personal information in fulfilling an online order, should their personal information contain any errors or inaccuracies.
- 2.2 Relevant and minimal personal information of Users is collected automatically by Affordable Art SA and its authorised technology agents as a result of the Users visits to the Affordable Art SA Website and the User expressly consents to the processing of their information. This consent is effective immediately & will endure until the relationship between the User & Affordable Art SA has been terminated. Affordable Art SA’s agents and service providers may also automatically log Your “IP address” which is a unique identifier for the User’s computer and/or other access device. Further and to the extent necessary, Affordable Art SA may utilise the User’s contact information, submitted, for communications with the User such as marketing or rendering Services requested by the User from Affordable Art SA. This information may include, without limitation: the User’s name and e-mail address. Affordable Art SA will not edit, disclose or sell any personal information to third parties other than required for the provision of the Services and electronic communication and transaction facilities to the User; in the ordinary course of business and where required to do so by law. The User agrees that their submission of their personal information, including via telephone; post; online registrations; subscriptions; use of the send to friend facility or by any other means, indicates their willingness for such information to be processed as discussed herein. Processing shall include collection, receipt, recording for marketing and other purposes, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use; dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information.
- 2.3 Users may opt to unsubscribe from newsletters and any other electronic communication sent from Affordable Art SA by use of the “unsubscribe” option provided on each communication received.
3 Handling of Your Personal Information:
- 3.1 To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, Affordable Art SA has in place policies and procedures to protect the personal information collected about the User.
- 3.2 Users acknowledge that records relating to the provision of Services and personal information may be required to be retained in terms of law, operational purposes and for evidential reasons by Affordable Art SA. Users expressly agree to such processing, retention and necessary access to such records.
- 3.3 Further, and to the extent necessary, Affordable Art SA may utilise the contact information to provide the User with information requested by the User in relation to events, services and/or products offered by Affordable Art SA.
- 3.4 The User expressly consents to their contact information and the contact information of third parties that the User has submitted being used for communications such as email and sms marketing and distribution of newsletters to Users or the relevant third parties. This contact information includes without limitation: names, email addresses and/or contact numbers. In providing information relating to third parties, the User warrants that they have the right to provide such information. The User agrees that their submission of their information indicates their express willingness for their information to be used as discussed above.
- 3.5 Users may revoke their consent given to Affordable Art SA in terms of the above at any time. The revocation should be in writing and addressed to Affordable Art SA’s Information Officer. Revoked consent is not retroactive & will not affect disclosures of User’s information already made.
- 3.6 If the User elects to submit content to Affordable Art SA via the Website and/or via email, which would include but is not limited to: feedback on articles and/or experiences, the User agrees for such information submitted to be published by Affordable Art SA with their name and other information provided.
4 Disclosure of personal information: Affordable Art SA may disclose personal information
- 4.1 to comply with the law or with legal process;
- 4.2 protect and defend Affordable Art SA’s rights, equipment, facilities, and other property;
- 4.3 protect Affordable Art SA against misuse or unauthorised use of the Website; and/ or
- 4.4 protect other Website Users or third parties affected negatively by the relevant User’s use of the Website.
6 Interest based advertising: When You visit www.affordableart.co.za, You may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third-party advertisers. Such advertisers may (i) collect information about You while You are visiting this Website and other websites and (ii) use this data to show You advertisements on this Website and elsewhere on the Internet about products and services You might like (interest-based advertising). Affordable Art SA does not collect such information or control the content of the advertisements that You will see. You may be able to opt out of such advertising. Visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en-US to find out more about Google and its Google cookies used to generate interest-based advertising. Your use of this Website without opting out means that You understand and agree to the abovementioned data collection to provide You with interest-based advertising.